Re: s o l v e d ! write permission for rateup.exe - was: Getting MRTG to work

David J Taylor

It seems it took Tobi Oetiker, author of MRTG, two iterations to get this bug
fixed. No more error messages now with version 2.17.2, tomorrow I'll try to
achieve a contiuous operation.

So, after all, all is well.

Thanks to David and Giuseppe for their "quality time", as Tobi put it for the
time he invested in debugging.

Cheers,
U.
I checked and it's 2.17.0 I have on the 64-bit Win-7 PC, so should I have seen the problem as well, Ulrich? I'm slightly surprised that a stable component which has been in so long (i.e. rateup.exe) needed modification - FYI mine is 2220.208 bytes, and dated: 09:15 (UTC) 2010-Dec-15, and there is no built-in version information (right-click, Properties, Details tab).