Re: write permission for rateup.exe - was: Getting MRTG to work

David J Taylor

David,
thanks, I had tried that already, created a new virginal directory
c:\mrtg_data and set the pointer in the config file there. No avail.
Strange.

Cheers,
U.
I assume you gave everyone, full control of the directory?

The other possibility, Ulrich, is to change the ownership of the directory, perhaps to everyone. But I just checked on my Win-7/64 PC, and the owner is "David", not "everyone". Are you running MRTG as a service or, like me, just from the Startup directory (menu), and from the command-line when testing?