Re: New to Metop

Alan Sewards

Geoffrey,
The pink T should come up even with none of the processing software running (such as MSG Data Manager, Metop Manager, AVHRR Manager.)
If it does not, you must have made a change to either recv.ini or channels.ini, or messed up the Sky Star settings (PIDs). Probably recv.ini as you have to modify that for the RAMdisk.

Best regards - Alan S

On 23/02/2011 4:45 PM, Geoffrey Gee wrote:
Ian

Just to keep you up to date. My attempt to install ARsoft Ram Disk has
caused so much trouble I have uninstalled it . Alan & David have mailed a
lot of information which I will try and digest.

As a matter of interest this attempt with Ram Disk has thoroughly up set
the
Technisat programme as I am left with a red T when trying to run Metop and
no data coming in. When I switch back to running MSG DM the pink T returns
and all runs correctly as it has done for years. There appears to be no
change in the received.ini or else where and the settings are as you
recommended.

Regards...............Geoffrey

--
Alan Sewards