Re: New to Metop

David J Taylor

Alan

Thank you for your mail. I will be very pleased to take up your offer on how
to install QSOFT.

Regards.........Geoffrey
Geoffrey,

You will find information about installing RAMdisks, with screen shots here:

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/RAMdisk.html

One suggestion is the "Dataram RAMDisk - Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP, Server" from:

http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-services/software/ramdisk?

Please note that you will need to edit your TelliCast recv.ini file to move the temporary FSY files it uses onto that RAMdisk.

This will only reduce the data losses. I would suggest making sure that you are getting at least /some/ Metop data before making any further changes. It could be that your existing FSY files are not big enough to take the relatively large Metop files. Check the parameter:

file_database_size

in your present recv.ini file.