Re: MSG Licenses in Germany

Goetz Romahn <Goetz.Romahn@...>

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, johnrigsec@a... wrote:
In a message dated 15-01-04 12:17:52 GMT Standard Time,
Goetz.Romahn@d... writes:

no activities from German authorities DWD ( Deutscher
Wetterdienst )
yet. There are rumores they are going to ask for annual licence
fees
as opposed to EUMETSAT News Bulletin Issue 10 chapter 6.
How about any fees in Uk and/or "overseas" ?
Romahn,

There are no license fees across Europe for amateur/educational use
of MSG
[Meteosat-8] data.
However, I am informed that some countries will charge a handling
fee for
dealing with the issuing of the licenses.

I have no details as to the countries who will charge a handling
fee nor how
much it will be.

The UK will not charge nor, I believe, will the Dutch KNMI.

I would say that the DWD service via Hot Bird-6 is a subscription
service and
not included in the MSG data.

Regards,
John Tellick.
RIG.

John,
thanks for keeping care and beeing involved.
Goetz