re new to Metop

duncan

Hi Again Geoffrey , True what Ian said .When i first started receiving Metop i had data everywhere. I then added ramdisk and set mine to 300mb which seems to work And again i quote Ian the pictures you recieve from Metop are stunning i know i added my recv-channels.ini for you to look at but i thought if i added all my setup it might help. I have 2 drives and i direct all the data to my large D drive and the receiving data goes to my ramdisk. Yes i am no whizz i just had loads of help at first from the great crew on here and loads of reading but i got there in the end .Anyway here is how i have set mine up i use windows xp my pc is a pentium 4 processor i have 4gb of ddr333 ram i have a 512 g force graphics card and 2 hard drives one is 80gb which i have Davids Programs on and Tsystems ctc and i direct all the data to my 500gb D drive and like i say it seem ok There we are a long one but maybe it will help. Find below my settings Regards Duncan

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 1]
target_directory=received

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 2]
target_directory=received

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 3]
target_directory=received

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 4]
target_directory=received

Metop AVHRR
[EPS-10]
target_directory=received\EPS-10

NOAA 19 GAC
[EPS-15]
target_directory=received\EPS-15

# target_directory: Directory for received files. The target_directory name
# is relative to the current working directory.
# syntax: target_directory=<directory>
# default: received

tmp_directory=receiving/tmp/files
# tmp_directory: If this parameter is given tc-recv will internally
# store/compose all received files within the given directory and
# later move them to the target directory.
# While this option requires an additional move operation it
# guarantees that all files appearing in the target directory are
# fully written to the file system.
# syntax: tmp_directory=<directory>
# default: undefined=off, but default value may be redefined in
# recv.ini

# Section per channel or channel group identified by channel name (wildcard
# "*" allowed at end of name)

#activate_ftp_forwarding=1
# activate_ftp_forwarding: Will activate FTP forwarding for the correctly
# received files according to the recv.ini [ftp_forwarding]
# parameters.
# syntax: activate_ftp_forwarding=<value of range>
# range: 0/1
# default: 0=off

#tmp_directory=receiving/tmp/files
# tmp_directory: If this parameter is given tc-recv will internally
# store/compose all received files within the given directory and
# later move them to the target directory.
# While this option requires an additional move operation it
# guarantees that all files appearing in the target directory are
# fully written to the file system.
# syntax: tmp_directory=<directory>
# default: undefined=off, but default value may be redefined in
# recv.ini

#tmp_prefix=.
# tmp_prefix: Like tmp_directory, but files are composed within the final
# target directories but stored with the given prefix in front of
# the normal filenames until the files are fully written.
# syntax: tmp_prefix=<file name start>
# default: undefined=off, but default value may be redefined in
# recv.ini

#tmp_suffix=.tmp
# tmp_suffix: Like tmp_prefix, but adding a suffix to the normal filenames
# until the files are fully written.
# syntax: tmp_suffix=<file suffix>
# default: undefined=off, but default value may be redefined in
# recv.ini

[shell]
login=none
port=2517
refresh=3

[watchdog]
#error_script=none./error.sh
#error_script_cause_announcement=30

[logging]
log_file_size=1000000
log_file_number=2
log_level=quiet

[locations]
file_database_directory=G:&#92;receiving/tmp
log_file=>>recv.log
license_file=C:&#92;Program Files&#92;T-Systems&#92;BusinessTV-IP&#92;license.ini
channels_file=C:&#92;Program Files&#92;T-Systems&#92;BusinessTV-IP&#92;recv-channels.ini

[announcement_channel]
address=224.223.222.223:4711
name=TSL Announcement Channel

[parameters]