Re: New to Metop

Douglas Deans

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey Gee
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:16 PM
To: MSG1 Yahoo Group
Subject: [MSG-1] New to Metop

Douglas

As I have run MsgMgr and GSS and also received the NOAA's for several years
your excellent article in GEO13 has encouraged me to give Metop a trial
before registering.

I have followed your articles instructions exactly but on finishing the Set
Up I have no data coming in. Where have I gone wrong ?

Regards..............Geoffrey

Geoffrey just a quick reply for the moment, but I expect the problem is that
the article was written 4 years ago and the channels and David's program
have changed dramatically.
Perhaps initially it may be best to have a good read of the program at
David's site :-

http://www.satsignal.eu/software/metop_manager.htm

Also remember the global AVHRR data comes in on channel EPS-10. If you
haven't already done so you will need to apply for this data.