Re: delayed processing problem

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Lawrence <lawrence@a...> wrote:
I have consistently noticed a problem after I use 'stop' to pause
routine processing of MSG-1 data files. I use 'stop' just before I
am about to take an h.r.p.t. pass, in order to allow the HD full
access for the realtime saved data. About 15 minutes later, I then
click 'start'. I have noticed at this point that quite often the
files check and sequence processing goes awry. Sometimes a save of
the previous partially constructed image is performed, even though
all the data is ready for processing. The program then continues to
process the remainder of the image but with the first piece
missing. This happens with several of the images in the current
sequence. All is usually back to normal after this hiccup.

I am using the .297 version.

Lawrence Harris
Can't explain that one Lawrence, unless the HRPT system is doing
something to the Receiver PC's timing, causing the sequence to go
awry. Noone else has reported anything similar. Files are supposed
to be processed in strict as received order, and you could check
this by looking at the Process.log file.

Another reason for a separate receiver PC where possible.