Re: RAMdisk considerations

Geoff Morris <satgroups@...>

Thanks to Ian and Arne for your comments. The tmp directory is on the ramdisc. Whilst I agree that as I run a 2 PC setup, the arrangement is not essential, I also use the RX PC for general PC stuff at the same time, and have lost data as a consequence. Look forward to the scripts from Arne. They will be very useful. One thing I didn't mention was that I run Win7, which has been a steep learning curve, but got the hang of it now.

The product navigator, has at the moment only got just over 200 files. I did have it saved to the ram disc which meant it got lost when the PC shut down. Now saving it to a hard drive..!!

Thanks.................Geoff

--
Geoff Morris GW3ATZ
Tel 01244 818252