From: "Geoff Morris" <satgroups@btinternet.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:57 AM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [MSG-1] Re:RAMdisk considerations

After reading the posts from Arne, I am now running a 700mb ramdisc,
(dataram). Its works very well, and my main SATA drive is now a lot
quieter, and less active. The ram disc has the RECEIVED and RECEIVING
folders on it. I take MSG-2 and 1.NOAA AVHRR CMA, METOP, GAC, and the
info channels. It runs at about 3/4 full normally. MSG Manager runs on a
separate PC via the wireless network. I would run wired, but the switch
generates too much interference at 50Mhz, which is a problem for my
amateur radio activity.

On a different tack, the Eumetsat product navigator has been downloaded
via I think the WWW channel. It doesn't seem to work. Individual pages
open in my web browser, but its not a joined up site, or I can't find
the main page. Wonder if its me or is there a problem with it.?

Cheers..........Geoff