Re: Missing MODIS

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

James and others I note the following information from NOAA which may
explain the outage.

''ESPC is not receiving any MODIS, AIRS
and AMSR-E data. The NANUK server has crashed at
Goddard. The server will not be available until Monday morning.''

I saw that note, Douglas, but didn't connect it. Mind you, to me ESPC is the Edinburgh Solicitors Property Centre! Quite a time for a server to be out....

Seems we had our own incident around 16:00 with, I suspect, bad weather over Usingen causing a Europe-wide outage. I managed to get Windows updates done on my main PC just before the signal came back.

See:
http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/EumetcastEurope.html