Re: mid day today

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Taylor" <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 7:37 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: mid day today

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <rsmoore@l...> wrote:
Has anyone looked at an IR animation for the Biscay area today?
Around noon, lines emerged - either ships' trails of aircraft
contrails (the latter, I would think) that appeared to rotate like
the spokes of a wheel - presumably in the upper atmosphere.
Any thoughts on this?
I haven't animated this - it sounds great!

Looking at the static images I think aircraft trails, as you can see
the shadow of some of the trails on the lower clouds. The
dispersion does look more like ship trails, though.

Most interesting. I have been watching it all day. What really surprises
me is how it forms and looks in a Channel 5 WV animation.