From: David Taylor
To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 7:37 PM
Subject: [MSG-1] Re: mid day today

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Robert Moore <rsmoore@l...> wrote:
> Has anyone looked at an IR animation for the Biscay area today?
Around noon, lines emerged - either ships' trails of aircraft
contrails (the latter, I would think) that appeared to rotate like
the spokes of a wheel - presumably in the upper atmosphere.
> Any thoughts on this?

I haven't animated this - it sounds great!

Looking at the static images I think aircraft trails, as you can see
the shadow of some of the trails on the lower clouds. The
dispersion does look more like ship trails, though.