Re: Tellique and the newer Intel & AMD processors

Roger Mawhinney <roger@...>

I was at a recent seminar (October 2003) in an Intel fabrication plant and
whilst Hyperthreading was not the main topic, it was discussed. It should
work quite transparently with Windows XP, taking advantage of those
operations that specifically support it such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
In essence, your normal application should run as usual, but applications
such as IE run as if using a second processor. I saw demos using Microsoft
Office, Abode Reader and a few other applications all loading and running
very fast indeed - well they would since it was Intel running them! I would
venture to suggest however, that the motherboard may need to be using
Intel's latest chipset. Also make sure you've got all the latest XP
upgrades and patches from Microsoft and drivers for your PC.
Roger