Re: Two PC's and MSG

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Deans" <douglas@d...> wrote:

Any network problems please speak to David (<grin>).
Well, I was serious in suggesting a small write-up Douglas.

My experience here started with a thin-wire Ethernet system where
three PCs were strung together using 50-ohm cable, T-pieces and
terminators. It ran at all of 10Mb/s! Immediately more complex
than 2 PCs and a cross-over cable. Now I have 4 PCs and 4-port
router connected to the broadband, using 100Mb/s UTP cabling,
meaning I need to understand things like DHCP, multiple HOSTS files,
gateways etc.

I've never actually done a 2-PC with cross-over network, so your
much more recent experience may be a good guide to others.....

Cheers,
David.