Re: mstDefrag now Windows 7.

Douglas Deans <dsdeans@...>

From: "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:41 PM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] mstDefrag now Windows 7.

From: "Douglas Deans" <>
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:45 PM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
[]
I have my whole Vista system ghosted on to my external hard drive so I
can
get it back in a jiffy.
Just seems a good time for a clean up.

That's a great idea, Douglas. Which software do you use for ghosting? I
take it that there is a bootable CD or memory stick with the ghosting
software?

Norton Ghost 12 which I have had for a few years. It does not work on
Windows 7 despite working perfectly on Vista. You have to buy Norton Ghost
14 or find something free.
I have never had to ghost back the whole drive (can also be used for partial
backups if a file is lost or corrupted).
I did not ghost it back this time either as I wanted a fresh clean start.