Re: mstDefrag now Windows 7.

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

From: "Douglas Deans" <>
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:40 PM
To: <MSG-1@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] mstDefrag now Windows 7.
[]
It is an interesting learning curve. It appears that Windows 7 has replaced
the dreaded BSOD with incompatibility messages.
In almost six months I've only seen one BSOD - with an out-of-date SkyStar driver and the RC version of Windows 7. Very few incompatibility messages.

I really do not see why we should have to run huge amounts of programs in
compatibility mode.
You don't.

Interestingly most reports say Windows 7 is all that Vista was not.
I never had any issues with Vista. No compatibility problems, driver issues
etc. whilst Windows 7 is a complete nightmare.

Sorry must get off my soapbox. Probably no mails for a short time whilst I
clean install Vista.

Thanks for your comments
Douglas.
There's something strange about your particular PC, Douglas. I'm hoping that once you get the motherboard drivers and perhaps the BIOS updated most will be sweetness and light, and perhaps you'll use a spare HD next time. <G>

73,
Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com