David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴 🇪🇺
From: "Douglas Deans" <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] mstDefrag
So far, and I only clean installed Windows 7 a day ago, I have :-Oh, dear, Douglas, what a tale of woe! Let's see if we can help...
1) Computer freezing umpteen times a day.Cooling, CPU getting too hot? Anything in the Event logs?
2) Logitech webcam drivers don't work (doesn't even let me load the CD)I would expect that some devices would need updated drivers - ones for Vista may work.
3) No printer drivers.For what printers? Perhaps I was luck with my Epson?
4) Nero doesn't work.Use InfraRecorder instead. http://infrarecorder.org/
5) Motherboard drivers (ASUS) don't load (again warning when CD isDoesn't matter.
6)Power DVD not working (again warning when CD loaded)What does PowerDVD give you which isn't already in Windows? You can probably play DVDs with the VLC Media Player or the KM Player.
7) Windows Media Player does not play music CDs. (and message says noWill check that. Well, The KM Player will play audio CDs, but the WMP should work.
8) Windows update not working correctly (won't let you select some of theThat sounds strange - any clue from Google?
None of the above were an issue in Vista.Surprising and disappointing. Something fundamentally not right. What did the upgrade advisor say?
SatSignal software - quality software written to your requirements