Re: Segment Loss

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "Ian S Deans" <ian@i...> wrote:
[]
Unfortunately we have to take everything that comes in on channel
1 and 2 even although David's program will quickly delete the data
we are not wanting.

That's channels 2 and 3, actually. But it raises a point I made
much earlier on. Would it be better for Eumetsat to split the data
into rather more than 2 channels? For example, anyone getting HRIT
doesn't need the LRIT MSG-1 data, but does want the MSG-1 foreign
satellite data. Equally, those not licenced for MDD don't need to
take it. Finally, it might be useful to have two HRIT data streams,
primary with the same channels as LRIT currently (say), and
secondary with the remaining channels, and perhaps HRV on its own
channel.

Whether this would exacerbate the segment and prolog ordering issues
we see, I don't know. Is this even possible, I don't know. I would
certainly like to see finer-grained control over the data you need
to ingest.