Re: Ku-band strength drop after 12:00 UTC Friday Aug 28

Alan Banks <alan@...>

Ah! No missed packets, no lost data and no increase in 0.fsy. Much better in spite of lower SQ & SNR.

Alan

geojohnt@aol.com wrote:

All,
I've not been receiving for a couple of days.
Having read the news, I've just switched on the system and find indeed lower levels indicated - well, lower SQ.
The DVBWorld readout using a pre-latest GEO shop batch of boxes, I'm getting SS 70% and SQ 91%.
Previously this was always SS 70 - 71% and SQ 100%.
And, as Ian said, the testbild channel is not active - though trying to open it didn't freeze the DVBWorld box.
I'll put a digital meter on the downlink later to get more accurate figures.