Re: [?? Probable Spam] Ku-band strength drop after 12:00 UTC Friday Aug 28

James Brown

In message <D0E39DDB8D414B5B8C158FC44A6302E1@narvik>, David J Taylor <gm8arv@yahoo.co.uk> writes
I see the Ku-band strength has dropped since just after 12:00 UTC today
across Europe:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/EumetcastEurope.html

but we are still seeing packet loss after then.....

What a perverse system I have!! If anything there has been a marginal increase in sig quality and s/n ratio as indicated on the Porthcawl grap on the above. I can only assume there was perhaps a very slight mis-alignment which now takes advantage of the new transponder - otherwise I'm left scratching my head - and also feeling unhappy that so many are now seeing a significant dip.

Cheers

James
--
James Brown