Re: Since about 16:20 UTC no modulation on Eurobird 9E.

geojohnt@...

seggins@btinternet.com writes:

Eurobird is definitely more susceptible to drop-out in rain. We have just
shower here composed of very large drops. It caused packet loss, a
measureable BER and an SNR down to 2.5 dB.

John,

I think you mean EUROBIRD-9A?
And compared to EUROBIRD-9?
If so, I agree.

I think we were all spoilt with Hot Bird-6.
EUROBIRD-9 although (on paper) 3 dB less signal here in SE England compared
to HB-6 I reckon was a stronger signal here than EUROBIRD-9A owing to my
location being much nearer EB-9 beam centre than with EB-9A.

We've just had a storm here (17:50 - 18:10 GMT) and I lost lock several
times, though the rain was very heavy, it was not torrential.
Lost lock's however did not coincide with heaviest rain at dish.