Re: Since about 16:20 UTC no modulation on Eurobird 9E.

seggins2000

----- Original Message -----
From: David J Taylor
To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Since about 16:20 UTC no modulation on Eurobird 9E.

Alan Banks wrote:
Hi Werner,
No problem here.
David has had some problems - probably local heavy rain. Everyone else
seems OK
see
http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/EumetcastEurope.html
[]
Alan
Correct, Alan. Thunderstorms and heavy rain here in Edinburgh. I guess
it must be all the ice crystals in the cloud mass. Basic signal level
seems not bad, but I don't recall these problems on HotBird-6.

I hope a cold reboot cures Werner's problem.

Eurobird is definitely more susceptible to drop-out in rain. We have just a
shower here composed of very large drops. It caused packet loss, a
measureable BER and an SNR down to 2.5 dB. I haven't measured a BER for a
very long time.
Cheers
John