Re: Signal Quality

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Ian Deans wrote:
I noticed this morning losses on Metop / Met-9 and RSS at approx.
11.10 /
11.15 UTC. I was out at the time so was not monitoring, but I am now
seeing my signal quality very much reduced and varying a great deal (
down over 25% at times ).

The weather here is overcast with slight drizzle, but that would not
cause the reductions I am seeing. Have to assume that the weather
conditions in Germany are causing the problems.

Indeed, Ian. Bad weather in Stuttgart has been reported, and the Europe-wide view of EUMETCast shows that we are all seeing dropouts:

http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/EumetcastEurope.html

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com