Re: Outage - Saturday at 11:25 UTC?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Alan Banks wrote:
Nothing here David. I've just got problems with a constantly tripping
RCD and therefore some corrupt data and rather too frequent 'outs'. I
find that the Skystar 2.6D card will up or down the SQ SNR either side
of an out. Nil else changes. Electrician can't find a fault, we've
unplugged most things, he says the RCD is fine and tests OK. Still
tripped at 03.30UTC today. You can see the effect on my reception
here.
http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/Skystar.html
the 11.00 yesterday and 03.30 today events show what I mean. The
others are manual restarts though with no change in SQ SNR.
Told him to replace RCD whether or not it tests OK. With luck will see
him Monday as he didn't turn up this morning as promised.

Alan

moan over
Thanks, Alan. Judging by the EUMETCast across Europe graphs, I was indeed the only one. Quite unusual. We did have heavy rain afterwards, but this was the signal right down into the red - retunes were triggered. We've seen level changes across a break before - might be something like the AFC not coming in correctly......

Pain about your RCDs. When the house was rewired last year I insisted that they put the computers on a separate RCD from the main supply, as the kitchen tripped something which took the computers down. I hope the new one is OK, whne you eventually get it.

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com