Re: Techisat Skystar-2 card revisions and Linux

Purcocks, Graham <grahamp@...>

Arne gave the link in a previous exchange

Maybe the link below can help you.
http://www.dvbskystar.com/
Search for : "2.8 for linux" on that page.

The readme files are quite explicit. I suggest using the menuconfig to only compile the skystar 2 drivers if this is all you use as it will save a lot of grief getting the v4l tree to compile which is designed to compile against vanilla Linux kernels. The RedHat ones have many back ports so I had to modify the confih include file to pull in the correct parts. This patch is a binary file as they will not allow the driver (at the moment) to be released in source form.

Hope this helps

Graham