Re: Techisat Skystar-2 card revisions and Linux

Graham D. Purcocks M.A. (Oxon) <grahamp@...>

FYI

I started receiving data using Centos 5 O/S and the Linuxtv v4l driver
tree including the binary patch for the Skystar 2 Version 2.8A card
using the V2.8A card running in a 3.3V PCI slot.

Processing has yet to be achieved, but that is a known quantity. The
main thing will be system stability which was poor for us with a RedHat
3 O/S and Eumetcast supplied drivers for Skystar 2 2.6D card.

I thought people might be interested in this information.

Graham

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 16:44, Purcocks, Graham wrote:

Arne

Very helpful thanks. Just so others don't bang their heads against a
brick wall. Centos 5 standard kernel does *NOT* contain dvb drivers.
So
it was only when I built my own from the link below that I actually
got
it to recognise any Skystar 2 card.

I have now actually got Centos 5 to recognise the 2.8A card but szap
is
not showing a lock, so I am now suspicious of our LNB/dish so getting
it
checked out tomorrow.

I now know how to recognise 5V and 3.3V PCI slots! BTW the 2.8A card
is
currently in a 3.3V slot so that will widen the choice of PC hardware
if
it actually starts to deliver data!

Will let you know what transpires.

Graham