Re: Windows7

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Prem Holdaway wrote:
hi David, Thank you for your information on getting things working. I
still have to keep renewing the IP address when I reboot though. For
some reason windows uses its own address. Even though 192.168.238.238
is still in the settings.

I wonder if anybody else is having this problem and if not, how did
you manage to correct it.

Prem Holdaway
Prem,

I would be inclined to check:

- from the command line: ipconfig or ipconfig /all and see if there are other devices which might be claiming 192.168.238.238 (before you configure the card). You see a lot of devices, though, including IP V6 ones.

- I don't recall doing anything special from the networks control panel to make the address persist across reboots. Form memory, just uncheck "automatic", enter the IP address and the mask, and click OK. You get a warning about empty DNS or whatever.

Do you have a pink T-icon yet?

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com