Re: Techisat Skystar-2 card revisions and Linux

Purcocks, Graham <grahamp@...>

Arne

Very helpful thanks. Just so others don't bang their heads against a
brick wall. Centos 5 standard kernel does *NOT* contain dvb drivers. So
it was only when I built my own from the link below that I actually got
it to recognise any Skystar 2 card.

I have now actually got Centos 5 to recognise the 2.8A card but szap is
not showing a lock, so I am now suspicious of our LNB/dish so getting it
checked out tomorrow.

I now know how to recognise 5V and 3.3V PCI slots! BTW the 2.8A card is
currently in a 3.3V slot so that will widen the choice of PC hardware if
it actually starts to deliver data!

Will let you know what transpires.

Graham