Re: New user with missed packets problems

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

angusperfect wrote:
[]
Arne,
I finally got round to trying the v2.8A Skystar PCI card with 4.5.0
drivers,Client v5.5 disk etc, in an old pc with a Celeron 1.3ghz
processor, 512mbyte ram, an old 40 Gbyte disk and windows XP SP3. Can
you believe it!-It works with no lost packets and no lost segments!!
I still have no idea why it didn't work in the other PC, but at least
I now have a useable system.
Thanks for your help,
Angus
Angus,

Yes, I can believe it! In the past, with EUMETCast, we have sometimes found that Intel processors (and chipsets) to better than AMD in certain circumstances, although it's been difficult (if not impossible) to tie such circumstances down. Similarly, some systems seem to cause problems.

It would therefore be interesting to see a comparison between your working and non-working systems:

- processor
- memory
- motherboard
- chipset