Re: SkyStar PCI card and Windows 7?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Prem Holdaway wrote:
Thanks for the information David. I wondered why everytime I
rebooted, windows was allocating a totally different IP address.
You must define the card's IP address yourself, as the default in Windows (XP, Vista, 7) is for DHCP address allocation.

Even though my manually entered one was still showing. I will give
this a try. Will also pass on all my findings to Eumetsat, along
with the reply from TechniSat.
Yes, do so, although I've already told the guys about your work.

I also wonder if it is worth passing
some of this on to Microsoft. As I think setting up a route is
something that windows 7 should do even if it needs to get input from
the user. Especially as this is an RC and may save Microsoft some
hard-working the end. And any users that do not know the workaround.
The more people that are using Windows 7 and get on to Microsoft
about problems may force them to correct things.

Now going to swap my disc back to windows 7.

Prem Holdaway
Well, it seems that Vista and Windows-7 are different to XP in this respect, so I don't see it as a Win-7 specific issue, but still worth reporting, I agree.

By the way - I've found that NTP timekeeping seems better with the SkyStar PCI card than with the DVB World USB box, but that possibly the USB box misses fewer packets, in spite of using software PID filtering which imposes a slightly higher CPU load.

Oh, and I see we've just had another missed-packets event across Europe. Makes it difficult for me to look for a zero-loss result!

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com