Re: SkyStar PCI card and Windows 7?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Prem Holdaway wrote:
[]
I found you only need to install the 4.3.0a drivers and then install
the
4.5.0a software you do not need to install the 4.3.Oa Software.
Ah, that's help to know.

Below is the e-mail received from TechniSat, after informing them of
my procedure.
[]
Though our newest skynetBDA.sys - drivers should work already with
windows7 when installing those manually (from the folder "BDA") - we
are working on that.
[]

Excellent, I'm sure that TechniSat will come up with the goods, although I'm unsure from what Arne said whether the BDA drivers do network as well. With a name like "skynetBDS.sys" you would expect so!

The only problem I have so far is I cannot get away from the yellow
T. as far as I can tell everything else seems to be working correctly.

Back to trying to get a white T.

Prem Holdaway
I passed your earlier information onto EUMETSAT, so I'll forward your new notes as well.

Yellow/White T-icon.

Did you add the permanent route as I found was required for Vista?

http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/ip-address.html#route

I found that on Windows-7 RC I had to reboot after using that route command. Is the network address of the DVB card correct? I'm guessing you have already checked all of this, but I know how easy it is to overlook things!

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com