Re: SkyStar PCI card and Windows 7?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Ian Deans wrote:
I tried running Tellique under C:\ but try as I may it would not let
me make alterations to recv. ini or recv-channels.ini. As soon as I
tried to save the changes there was issues. However by that time I
had enough of trying to get Eumetcast to work on windows 7, so did
not persevere.

Now back up running on Vista, which I like even more now !!!

Ian,

What I do at the very start is to create C:\Tools\, and set the security to allow everyone full control. I use that for programs where you need to edit the .INI file, as it's less confusing than the Vista directory virtualisation.

On the last couple of installations I've cone, I've created a directory C:\EUMETCast\, granted everyone full control, and installed the TelliCast software there. On the Windows XP install, it was a single HD, so I put the received directories under C:\EUMETCast\, so I have entries in rev-channels.ini like:

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 1]
target_directory=received\Data Channel 1

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 2]
target_directory=received\Data Channel 2

with, in recv.ini:

[parameters]
tmp_directory=temp

On the Windows-7 PC, there are two HDs, with a partition F: on the second HD, so I have:

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 1]
target_directory=F:\EUMETCast\received\Data Channel 1

[EUMETSAT Data Channel 2]
target_directory=F:\EUMETCast\received\Data Channel 2

with, in recv.ini:

[parameters]
tmp_directory=F:\EUMETCast\temp\

My view at the moment is that if Vista works for you, no need to upgrade. Obviously, what I want to be sure about is that Windows-7 doesn't break any aspect of EUMETCast reception or processing.

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com