Re: SkyStar PCI card and Windows 7?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Ian Deans wrote:
On Vista I run with UAC OFF so program files are not an issue.
However on Windows 7 although UAC is more user friendly, you cannot
switch it off, so there might have been an issue with using the
program files directories.
Correct - part of the reason I recommend using C:\Tools\ rather than C:\Program Files\ and leaving UAC enabled even on Vista.

mstdefrag version 3 ran fine as did Kaspersky Internet Security. The
Dexatek box also ran without issues.
Thanks for those reports.

I did not like running an operating system that does not have a mail
client, although you can download that from windows live. Did not
have much time to look at anything but Eumetcast, but I wasn't all
that impressed with what I saw.

Regards
Ian
Just download the Windows Live mail - it installs and looks very similar to Outlook Express and Vista mail, and handles both e-mail and newsgroups. It can import your existing settings as well. I've found that Windows-7 builds on Vista, and it's easy to use. Seems to perform as well, too. I'll update on progress with the PCI card in due course, now it's working OK.

Web: www.satsignal.eu
Email: davidtaylor@writeme.com