Re: Firewalls and MSG-1

Douglas Deans <douglas@...>

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Brown" <satellite@...>
To: <MSG-1@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2003 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Firewalls and MSG-1

In message <n6abuv8416ffo8717peanag8939rf69fgc@...>, Lawrence
<lawrence@...> writes
In order to use MSG DM across a home network, I have had to disable the
XP Pro firewall. When it is enabled, the other computers on the network
cannot see the main (processing) computer. Does anyone know whether the
MS firewall can be taught that the internal network is OK? I have not
found any reference to this in MS help files.

TIA

Lawrence Harris
Hi Lawrence,

Do you mean not at all or it takes a long time for the network to
establish the computers in the workgroups and to begin to access the
files?

I can use a laptop with Windows XP home edition to access the main
computer (also XP home)via a 11mHz Wireless router/ modem network, both
are firewalled and files come across OK. But it can take several minutes
for the computers to begin to recognise the existence of each other.

Cheers,

James
--
James Brown
Exactly the same here James. I have 2 computers on a simple (cross over)