Newbie lost already....

cosmosgeo <errect00@...>

Hello everyone,
just to introduce myself my name is marc my work involves a lot of flying and my hobbie is astronomy all weather related hence i want to set myself up a weather station to monitor mainly cloud cover, i have done a lot of homework on this and i think i know what i need excuse me if i sound a bit dense on this but i think i need 85cm dish a lnb on ku band a receiver be it internal card or external box,couple of good pc's now this is where i get a bit confused i think i need the EUMETSAT license and software this will give me a feed from MSG satellite giving me 15 minute update imagery,now where i get confused is i have read david taylor is the guru of weather software do i need any other software to monitor cloud cover? and does it give any other imformation apart from cloud cover?

many thanks for reading all