Re: Vista and... E-Token password request

Alan Sewards

Hi,
If you don't like using msconfig, try 'StartUpCPL', which is a free and tiny program available from
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml, which allows you to simply turn on or off programs that run at start up time.

Best regards - Alan

Ian Deans wrote:

Pat, I have had three occasions where I have loaded the EKU software 4.5 on
my Vista Home Premium computer and had this problem. However on all
occasions disabling the PKIMonitor in startup has cured the problem.

Have you checked after following Eumetsat's instructions that the entry in
startup is not " ticked " and that the date disabled is clearly shown
against the entry. You should also check that there is not more than one
entry in startup. If you have loaded the software more than once you might
have multiple entries all of which need to be disabled.

If the entry or entries are disabled you will NOT get the password request.

Hope that helps.