Server-IPs

Ulrich G. Kliegis

Hi all,
just an accidental observation I made yesterday. I installed a program that is
part of a somewhat larger application environment and that makes parts of
its abilities available to others on the local net, configured as a server. The
IP address of this server was - you almost guess it - 192.168.238.238.
No one, even not me, will install such a program on the receiving PC, but
ambiguities cannot be excluded. I am not sure if the Eumetcast-receiver
"server" is visible to outside the receiving PC, SuperScan 3 (run from a
different PC on the LAN) shows one used IP address at 192.168.238.238 on
port 80; and probably it uses different port numbers (the graphics application
happens to use 8080) which does not make things much easier.

Just a hint to where the evil can lure... :)

Cheers,
U.

So