Re: MSG-1 on a laptop?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "Nigel Heasman" <nigel_heasman@y...>
wrote:
I believe "Yes", with the USB adaptor. I don't know if Eumetsat
officially support this route, though.
The USB version is fine. And I know it's a plug, but you did ask,
it's on my website.
Dave
Many thanks, both
regards
Nigel
Yes, I looked back through my e-mail and it's Wim van Gaalen who has
the laptop system running. I think he needed a particular driver
version.

Thanks, Dave, for the pointer to your Web site as a source of the
USB kit. Have you seen any issues with driver V4.2.8 (which I think
comes with the USB kit) compared to V4.2.2? V4.2.8 has certainly
caused some people problems (including me) when applied to the DVB
card. My eToken seemed much less reliable, stopping working for no
apparent reason. Could not explain that.