Re: newbie setting up for MSG

johnrigsec@...

David,

Thanks very much for your suggestions to my questions 'what do I need to do
what?'

It just seemed to me that there are many variations as to what is being used
currently for reception of MSG EUMETCast data.
Some are running 'high spec - do it all' systems some are fairly basic and as
you
and Arne have shown recently you can, given limitations, run a fairly
basically
specified system and get 'satisfactory' results.

It seemed to me to be useful to try to define a specification for a
'preferred' system.
I thought my survey would have given some pointers but I think it threw up so
many
variations that one couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Your system thoughts have made things clearer.