Re: twin LNB?

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Now I got the pics from channel 2 and 3 but from
channel 1 the files won't open via MSG data manager.
Ap,

Yes, I believe that people have used the twin-LNB sucessfully, but I
have no experience of that myself. I belive the signal level may be
just a little lower, though.

Channel 1 is the ATOVS data:

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/wxsat/atovs/index.html

I do have software for reading that data, although the processing is
not automated. I can send a trial licence if you wish, just ask.
Youcan see typical results here:

http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/atovs.html

If you don't use the channel 1 data (which isn't part of the MSG-1
stream by the way), remove PID 500 (hex 0x1F4) from your Setup4PC
options, as you are only cluttering the receiver with unrequired
files, slowing down other operations.