Re: Response from TechniSat regarding software update problems.

James Brown <james@...>

In message <oJ43AZH7M4X$Ew4o@...>, James Brown <james@...> writes
In message <q70vlvc1iigga259kj7ejoadv693vpfb8g@...>, Steve Blackmore
<steve@...> writes
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:01:48 EDT, you wrote:

this problem is more or less depending on the used PC, the IRQ sharing and
the IRQ handling of the OS ( ACPI mode)
We always tell our B2B cutomer to assign a unique IRQ to the DVB deveice to
prevent any interferences.
Typical excuse for a badly written bit of software, if it can't IRQ
share it has no part calling itself suitable for XP !!!

--
Steve Blackmore
Agreed!

If they got it to work before - why not now?

James
Having said that I notice Windows XP has assigned an PCI IRQ of 10 to my card which isn't being shared at that level with anything else. I wonder what others have got?

James
--
James Brown