Re: First segments of Meteosat 5 appearing here

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Thanks for that. Met-5 visible segment order is still very
erractic. Very often segments appear to be missing and 90 minutes
later when all other FSD images are in, the missing segments are
then sent, very often involving a "manual" save. Having said that
since Met-5 started I have not been aware of any segment loss on FSD
in the 14 hours or so I take data.

Ian, I've reported this problem to Eumetsat, and they are doing
something about it.

In a way, I was slightly surprised as we'd been through the same
problem so many times before, but it's obviously a matter of fine
tuning the system. The LRIT channel is (I think) very full now,
with the derived semi-real-time products vying with the real-time
image data. I wonder what priority people would put on FSD vs. IODC
vs. Met products vs. relayed data!

I was also surprised not to see any data for the 0000 slot.

Still nothing heard about Internet access tests - I know that there
are people without DVB kit who would love to have the LRIT data....