Re: Animator problem

Roger Mawhinney <roger@...>

Alan,
I've seen similar to this many times. For example, my ADSL router has a
DHCP server function which will give out IP addresses if I let it. These can
conflict with static addresses on the PCs. Make sure that you have disabled
all DHCP servers (routers, PCs and servers) and that all PCs have their own
IP addresses on the same subnet
OR
set all PCs to obtain IP addresses via DHCP and let the DHCP server dish out
the IP addresses.

Personally, on a small network, I prefer static IP addresses. DHCP uses
timed leases and the new IP address issued to a PC (especially if it has not
been logged on for a while) can be different to that previous. Mixed DHCP
and Static IP addresses can be a nightmare if not properly controlled.

Also, make sure that NETBEUI and IPX/SPX protocols are removed from all PCs
and that the TCP/IP subnet masks match on all PCs.

Contact me off list if you need more advice.
Roger