Re: Welcome to MSG-1

a_van_belle

--- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Eric Wosten <pa3cev@x> wrote:
First problem is that it takes a long time before the received
directory
(on the W2k RX PC) is
"visible" on the XP machine. Yes, I did switch off mcAfee. When the
dir is
almost empty there
is no delay, with 2 Gb of data, it takes forever. The
network/switch
hardware are 100%.
Eric, this is standard Windows behaviour. I did search a lot on the
internet but could not solve this apart from not using explorer
anymore. It must be a combination of the long filenames and no
extension that makes explorer very slow on the raw data folder.
Try DOS-commands, I am currently testing Turbo Navigator, an explorer
replacement.
Explorer does also do a bad job on local folders filled with 8.000+
files.

Greetings,
Arne van Belle