Re: illumination

Robert Moore

Yes I was thinking how I can see as easily at summer noon and after dark in
winter with a full moon. The latter level of illumination is a minute fraction
of the former - yet no MSG vis imagery by moonlight!

Robert

Quoting David Taylor <david-taylor@...>:

Our eyes seem much better at responding to lower levels of light
than the instruments.

Robert,

Our eyes (and ears) have a log response, the scientific instruments
on MSG-1 demand a linear response. If Log (signal) were transmitted
over the link all your prayers would be answered! Ah, assuming the
data source has a low noise and a precisely-set black level, that is!

Professor Robert Moore
Department of Sociology, Social Policy
and Social Work Studies
The University of Liverpool