IODC data

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

Thanks for the update David. I imagine there are a few folk in
Eastern England who can receive Meteosat 5 directly, but it adds for
the rest of us a further dimension to the global network. The
possibilities of doing a Mercator mosaic using HRIT data is I guess
getting nearer ;-))

Cheers,
James
Don't forget that you can already get the full resolution IODC
binary data via FTP at 30 minute intervals, albeit 24 hours delayed
(unless you have a Met Office licence, then near real-time
perhaps?). The data will be LRIT, of course, but I guess you mean
digital rather than WEFAX.