Re: Latest e-mail from ops

James Brown

In message <bp5vci+74ai@...>, David Taylor <david-taylor@...> writes
--- In MSG-1@..., James Brown <satellite@m...> wrote:
Interesting stuff from OPS. A new format for you to wrestle with
David for the IODC (MET 5) relay!

Well, it seems that there may have been something lost in the
translation, and it's the normal image segments we will be getting,
derived from OpenMTP data. Should make it a little easier to get
you data near to day one!

Thanks for the update David. I imagine there are a few folk in Eastern England who can receive Meteosat 5 directly, but it adds for the rest of us a further dimension to the global network. The possibilities of doing a Mercator mosaic using HRIT data is I guess getting nearer ;-))

Cheers,
James
--
James Brown