Re: Sky2PC USB

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

I have not encountered any problems so far. The only thing I have
noticed is the difference in Quality and SNR which as you say appear
meaningless although more in line with those on my Digital STB.

Peter
I found that the USB dongle was very unreliable on the one system I
tested with the V2.4.8 drivers. For no apparent reason, the light
on the dongle would go out and no data would be received. The
system could be revived simply by unplugging and re-inserting the
dongle (if you happened to be near the PC at the time), but the lost
data was gone for ever.

OK, it is uncertain what the exact problem was - on that system I am
now running a 1m USB extension cable (having the dongle visible at
the front of the PC it's much easier to check the status, but was
there an issue before with bad contact?), and I am running a
replacement dongle. However, the first dongle now seems to be
running OK on a backup PC (also with the V4.2.2 drivers).

That, coupled with the odd CPU utilisation pattern, says to me steer
clear of V4.2.8.