Re: Sky2PC USB

David J Taylor GM8ARV 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺

--- In MSG-1@..., "Peter Benney" <tugboat@g...> wrote:
I have just installed Sky2PC USB replacing my original Sky2PC Rev
2.3. This should eliminate the IRQ quandry. The unit from Timestep
came with the 4.2.2. driver/software package but I have downloaded
and installed V4.2.8.

Changing the drivers may not have been a wise move. With the PCI
card, the V4.2.8 drivers have caused me major problems. Indeed,
having contacted about the problems their advice included trying the
older drivers...which I now use with the V2.6B PCI card.

Set4PC now show Quality at 96-100% and SNR 16.9 compared with 46%
and 8.5 with the 4.2.2 software.

... which appears to be completely meaningless, sadly. Do be sure
that when anyone reports signal levels you specify the DVB receiver
(V2.3 , V2.6B or USB) and the driver version in use.